WHEELS - Advancing Florida's Mobility Future
Enjoy Miami's first-ever Bike-In Street Bash with music and free beer
Celebrate Miami's Pioneer Bike Heroes
Guided Bike Tours and Group Runs
WHEELS is a five-day celebration of Miami’s bike-walk-transit trails designed to elevate awareness of green mobility and South Florida’s transportation and transit issues. During the November 11-15 event, more than 10,000 people are expected to access South Florida’s transit system and trails and participate in a series of corresponding activities from Miami-Dade to Palm Beach counties. The event is free and open to the public. More information is available at www.wheelsflorida.org
The WHEELS Green Mobility Event is just around the corner. It's happening November 11 through 15 in South Miami - but it's not just about Miami! Anyone interested in active transportation - biking, walking, trails and transit will want to be there - especially those living in Florida. The roster of speakers and leaders is like a role call of Who's Who in active transportation, green mobility, and livable communities and strategies for better, more active living. Here's just a sampling of the exciting leaders you can expect to meet and hear at WHEELS
- Ken Bryan, Rails to Trails Conservancy: "All Aboard Florida Rail-with-Trail Update"
- Dale Allen, Florida Greenways and Trails Foundation: "SUNTrails: the Next Florida"
- Dan Burden, Walkable Communities Institue: "Green Mobility: Making the Leap"
- Samantha Browne, Office of Greenways & Trails: "The Florida Greenways & Trails System Plan"
- Bob Graham (former Governor and Florida Conservation Coalition), Andy Clarke (League of American Bicyclists), Herb Hiller (East Coast Greenway), Ryan Gravel (Atlanta Beltline), Meg Daly (Miami Underline)... the list of movers and shakers goes.
This is one event you don't want to miss! Help us get the word out about this great occasion.